Just as the name states, direct access allows a patient to see a physical therapist direct without a script or referral from a physician. Our direct access certified clinicians are well qualified to evaluate and treat a wide variety of ailments and conditions, to get you back in action quicker and with less hassle.
What are the benefits of direct access physical therapy?
- Convenience – Direct access eliminates the need for a physician’s referral—providing you the convenience to start physical therapy sooner. Starting therapy sooner can lead to a faster recovery
- and fewer visits.
- Cost Savings – Direct access eliminates unnecessary physician visits and copays. Finishing treatment in fewer visits results in less therapy copays and more savings in your pocket.
- Choice – Direct access gives you the choice to choose your physical therapist whether it be personal preference, location, schedule or all of the above.
*Currently, you may be evaluated by a physical therapist (PT) without a physician’s referral in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Direct access provisions, however, vary state by state. For specific provisions in your state, visit www.apta.org/advocacy. A direct access map can be found under State Government Affairs/Current Issues. For additional information, please feel free to contact the PHOENIX location nearest you. Keep in mind that your insurance policy may require a visit to the primary care physician first or may limit your access to preferred providers only.
West Fenwick Island Services
Schedule Your Appointment –
We Have Extended Hours, Just for You.
At PHOENIX, you can visit our licensed massage therapists with or without needing other services at our facilities.
Whenever you’re ready, we’re here.
New Patient Info
Welcome to the PHOENIX family! You’re one step closer to feeling like you again. You can expect superior care at each step of your rehabilitation journey, starting with scheduling your first appointment. After scheduling your first appointment, we encourage you to download and fill out your patient forms and insurance information.
• Medicare (Novitas)
• Railroad Medicare
• Blue Cross of Delaware
o Group Policy
o Traditional Indemnity, Federal Employee’s PPO
• AETNA US Healthcare
• Coventry (Health America)
o Group Policy & PPO Plans Only
o Coventry WC
• Department of Labor – Delaware Workers Compensation
• Independence Blue Cross – Amerihealth Administrators
• United Healthcare – Optum
• US Department of Labor (Postal Workers)
o DPL #144820300
Meet The Team
Facility Director / Physical TherapistView Profile
Patient Care Coordinator
A large part of what sets PHOENIX apart is our team. We are proud to employ highly trained professionals who are not only skilled at what they do, but are passionate about providing you with individualized care. Our PHOENIX team members are what makes achieving quality clinical outcomes possible through expertise and a personal approach.
Welcome to West Fenwick Island
Welcome to PHOENIX! We’re here to help you get back to the activities you love. Our primary goal at PHOENIX is to get you feeling like you again. We believe that you should never have to compromise between purposeful and cost-efficient rehabilitative care. To help you achieve your wellness goals, we combine ongoing patient education with a personalized patient care and treatment plan. We promise to provide exceptional level care in a professional environment with highly qualified staff. Put your wellness first by utilizing our West Fenwick Island location’s Physical Therapy and Occupational Health Rehabilitation services...