At this time we are searching for a Revenue Cycle Trainer. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will ensure that the resources allocated to the Revenue Cycle team receive standardized workflow procedure training and certify that deviations in the established procedures are promptly mitigated. This position will design and implement training tools, develop curricula and instruct participants in the EMR system and related functions. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will provide feedback to management and specialized instruction to revenue cycle staff, as well as serve as a liaison to business office personnel. This position will serve as a training representative for interdisciplinary projects and help in the development of system enhancements and perform subsequent testing for enhancements to the EMR system as well as any third-party support software. The Revenue Cycle Trainer will attend departmental meetings when assigned as representative concerning the EMR system, cash collection issues, and other Revenue Cycle related topics.
- Develop and maintain detailed, step-by-step where indicated, training materials, both paper and electronic for the Revenue Cycle team.
- Conduct initial and subsequent new employee or new-to-role training for the Revenue Cycle team.
- Develop and maintain reporting and/or bench marking that will identify deviations in standardized processes and distribute to stakeholders accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes to CMS/State billing guidelines or contract-specific payer guidelines to adjust training materials as required.
- Develop manager-level audit materials that may be used to determine the level of procedural compliance by members of the Revenue Cycle team.
- Prepare and conduct periodic desk-audits as requested by management.
- Provide feedback to directors and managers on ongoing training objectives, further development for staff and/or software, and creative ideas for continued growth and stability related to staff utilization.
- Collaborate closely with Revenue Cycle team to identify training needs, assess A/R rejections and denials, negative payer trends, and provide education and feedback to employees and management for appropriate action, including training agenda materials.
- Maintain appropriate level of knowledge of revenue cycle process as well as the EMR software by continuous vendor training and third-party education (e.g. payers, seminars, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Three (3) years of experience with the development and implementation of healthcare revenue cycle management training and auditing materials and implementation programs.
- Experience in physical therapy billing is preferred.
- Revenue Cycle certification (AAHAM or HFMA) to be obtained within one year of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the concepts, standards and practices relating to adult learning, continuing education and educational effectiveness.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for delivering formal and informal training programs and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience with health care information systems and ideally the Raintree System.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of the current practice management software applications and be defined by the RCM as a “super-user” of all applications.
- Ability to provide effective direct technical assistance to users in the operation and use of assigned applications.
- Ability to assess and translate organization/customer needs to learning objectives and devise effective training solutions.
- Strong organization skills in order to be responsible for coordinating training efforts.
- Must be an intermediate to extensive PC user, and be able to maintain (create, edit, professional output) Microsoft Office products efficiently (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Effective verbal and written communication and listening skills are required to interact with various individuals seeking accounting-related information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a culture of excellent customer service, open and friendly staff relations and approachable demeanor with all levels of staff.
- Ability to clearly articulate administrative processes for policy implementation.
- Must be able to define meaningful cause and effect situations related to training objectives.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes PTO, holidays, optional participation in medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and 401(k). All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Kathy Sandora – Director of Revenue Cycle at email@example.com
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.