At this time, we are searching for a PRN Physical Therapist Assistant to join the team in our Pottsville facility. This position will provide coverage at surrounding PHOENIX facilities. Primary responsibilities include preparing patients and equipment for treatment and assisting the Physical Therapist with selected procedures.
- To practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant consistent with the American Physical Therapy Associate Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the facility.
- Confer with the person(s) most closely associated with the active management of the patient, keeping them informed of additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress.
- Aid in the care and safety of patients.
- Prepare equipment for patient treatments as requested by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist the Physical Therapist in selected procedures, according to the PT’s directions, by checking patient and equipment during treatment for both comfort and safety.
- Perform housekeeping duties; maintain order and cleanliness throughout the facility.
- Associate degree in physical therapy or graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program. Indirect license preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a Physical Therapy facility, nursing home or rehabilitation agency preferred.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess an understanding of confidentiality and discretion.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and positive work environment. All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Franco Madaffari, PT – Director of Clinic Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer