At this time, we are searching for a Patient Care Coordinator II to join our team in our Chesapeake, VA facility and work on an as needed basis. This position will provide coverage at other PHOENIX facilities in the region. The Patient Care Coordinator II is the initial point of contact with patients and is the support person for the facility director. This position is the liaison between the therapist(s) and patients and is responsible for being able to effectively and professionally communicate company policies, procedures, and insurance information. The position is responsible for following all compliance, Medicare, and HIPAA policies.
- Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer phones, take and relay messages in a professional and timely manner.
- Schedule patients for services to assure their treatment goals are met. Remind patients of appointment times as necessary via automated text messages to assure appointments are kept. Assure missed appointments are rescheduled.
- Perform insurance verification before each patient’s first visit to verify their insurance coverage.
- Meet with patients on their first visit to assure all necessary paperwork is completed before treatment begins.
- Collect patient’s co-payment, co-insurance and deductible for each office visit.
- Process credit card payments.
- Ensure that the procedure codes are accurately entered and that they reflect the level of care provided each day into the EMR.
- Maintain patient confidentiality. Ensure any release of patient information is done in accordance with the PHOENIX company guidelines.
- Secure patient information, papers and records in locked cabinets.
- Conduct end-of-day procedures as outlined in company procedure manual.
- Perform other office support work as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or college level business courses preferred.
- Two previous years’ experience in a medical office, customer service, or other related business where strong communication, organization, and follow-through skills were required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and strong data entry skills with EMR system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy environment.
- Demonstrate continued interest in self and professional development.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary. All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Jordon Moore, PT – Facility Director at email@example.com
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.