Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to the Executive Management Team. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities Executive Support
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Management Team including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports in a timely manner in compliance with company policy; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executives’ schedules are followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executive management team time and offices.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns as requested by the executive team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the executive management team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
General Office Support
- Coordinate Clinic Support Services (CSC) facility management to include: building management primary contact, access to offices, ordering of supplies, etc.
- Coordinating needs for Board Meetings and Special Events.
- General communication to CSC staff as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong work tenure: five to ten years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in fast paced organizations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Share Point and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes PTO, holidays, optional participation in medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and 401(k). All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Michelle Manarelli – Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.