At this time we are searching for a full-time Cash Application Specialist. The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely posting of accounts receivable payments and refunds for the company, and ensures reconciliation of payments posted in EMR software to the corporate bank account. This position will be located in Blairsville, PA before transitioning to Monroeville, PA.
- Perform electronic exception posting of insurance payments.
- Perform manual posting of insurance payments from EOBS and edits of electronic remittances.
- Ensure data integrity by accurately posting payments per the provided EOB for the appropriate payer.
- Perform manual posting of self-pay and patient responsibility payments.
- Post denials from EOBS.
- Post contractual adjustments, transfer, and repost requests from medical collection specialists.
- Verify and post refunds to patients and insurance providers.
- Review unapplied payment report, on a monthly basis; repost unapplied payments, when applicable.
- Perform special posting for non-contractual adjustments (i.e. financial hardship payments, self- pay payments, professional courtesy payments).
- Identify when errors are occurring in internal processes and by payers.
- Accurately balance EMR systems to bank receivables.
- Identify over and under paid items and forward to appropriate Medical Collections Specialist for review.
- Complete other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education a plus.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of healthcare revenue cycle related experience.
- Knowledge of physical therapy billing and CPT codes preferred.
- Ability to read insurance Explanations of Benefits required.
- Ability to prioritize work, handling daily and multiple tasks to completion within the time allotted, while working as part of a team within a demanding environment.
- Sharp technical aptitude and experience with EMR systems.
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong math skills.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes PTO, holidays, optional participation in medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and 401(k). All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Erica Methven – Cash Application Supervisor at email@example.com
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.