At this time, we are searching for a full-time Business Intelligence Developer. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer’s role is to strategically design, develop and implement BI solutions and applications, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes developing, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Developer is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Engage in requirements gathering for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers and other stakeholders.
- Organize, and lead initiatives in the implementation and use of new BI solutions and tools.
- Develop the integration processes for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI solutions and applications.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and dashboards definitions.
- Develop data visualizations and portal interfaces.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Build an ETL framework to ensure a manageable ETL process for the BI solution.
- Work with project managers to ensure that developed dashboards and reports meet business requirements for project completion.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data and BI solutions.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI solutions and applications; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments and business users.
- Document all work carried out, e.g. data models, configurations, and processes.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Certifications in Power BI or Microsoft Analytics Platform is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of two years direct work experience.
- Broad data warehouse analysis and design experience, with some knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and modeling.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Microsoft SQL Server and Azure services.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Expertise in Microsoft BI Technology stack across On-premise and Cloud services.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services and Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with OLAP technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) tabular mode and with MDX and/or DAX expressions.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Proven track-record of utilizing SQL queries for data discovery and profiling.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and benefit package to include PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Benefits also include life and disability insurance a 401(k). All interested candidates should submit their resumes to Sayed Saeed at email@example.com
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.