At this time, we are searching for a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Code such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Prepare non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attach the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assist with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Manage expense reports and employee reimbursements.
- Manage petty cash replenishment and accounting.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years Accounts Payable experience or a combination of Accounts Payable and general accounting experience required.
- 10-key by touch.
- Accounts Payable system experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Microsoft Office experience to include strong knowledge of Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task with an openness to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet company deadlines.
PHOENIX offers a competitive salary and benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability insurance and 401(k).
PHOENIX is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.